- It is estimated that in 40 years, we will run out of living soil if we don’t change our agricultural practices.
- A can that is thrown away will still be a can 500 years from nowOne ton of paper made completely from recycled scrap saves 7000 gallons of water and 17 trees. Buy recycled paper whenever possible!
- One ton of paper made completely from recycled scrap saves 7000 gallons of water and 17 trees. Buy recycled paper whenever possible!
- In one study, researchers found that 18%; of all littered items end up in our streams and waterways as pollution.
- If you are unable to buy your foods locally, then look for imported foods that are fairtrade-certified.
- Be wary of products that claim to be organic or natural. Look for the circular USDA certified logo to be sure that your food is truly certified organic.
- Try to buy from companies that not only comply with socially responsible operating policies but from those that exceed compliance. Examples would include Starbucks, Ben and Jerry’s, and The Body Shop.
If you live in the Philadelphia region and want to stay up to date on socially responsible and sustainable businesses in the area, visit the Sustainable Business Network’s website to gather more information. http://www.sbnphiladelphia.org/ or follow SRB on twitter (TempleSRB) for daily tips on making responsible decisions both inside and outside of the business community.